Dropbox and Field are cloud-based doc administration methods (DMS) designed to allow enterprise customers to securely share paperwork, recordsdata and different content material from wherever and at any time.
The next is a few data from our Dropbox and Field opinions that summarizes every product:
Dropbox for Enterprise: As one of many largest file-sharing platforms on the planet, Dropbox covers a variety of normal doc administration system (DMS) options acquainted to these with accounts for private use. Dropbox provides entry privileges to chose customers for sharing data securely.
Customers can simply share folders and paperwork with staff members from wherever, making a collaborative setting.
Dropbox is out there by way of the net, as a desktop utility and on Home windows, Android, iOS, and Linux gadgets. Dropbox for Enterprise permits customers to attach with over 300,000 third-party apps for modifying, speaking, processing and extra.
Field: Field locations a powerful emphasis on safety, particularly because it pertains to collaboration. For instance, customers or directors can defend their shared hyperlinks by way of passwords set with expiration dates. They will additionally view the instances and frequencies when particular content material is considered or edited.
With Field, customers can share content material outdoors of the corporate (i.e., with purchasers or different companions), it doesn’t matter what gadget they use.
Field is accessible by way of the net, cell gadgets and as a desktop utility. The DMS works with iPhone/iPad and Android gadgets, in addition to Home windows and Blackberry telephones. Customers can synchronize internet Field content material with their desktops, and edit and share Field content material by way of Microsoft Workplace and Google Drive functions.
How They Stack Up
Dropbox: As a cloud resolution that’s extremely standard for private use, implementation is so simple as creating an account. Corporations can join on-line for a free 30-day trial of Dropbox’ enterprise plans (i.e., the Normal and Superior editions). Dropbox doesn’t supply a free trial of its Enterprise version. Corporations need to contact DropBox’s gross sales staff to be taught concerning the Enterprise version, which gives organizations customizable options and individualized help to allow admins to handle at scale. Dropbox gives guides to assist customers and admins get essentially the most out of the answer.
Field: Lets corporations join on-line for a free two-week trial of its enterprise plans (i.e. the Starter and Enterprise editions). Nonetheless, the corporate doesn’t supply a free trial of its Enterprise version, slightly corporations need to contact Field’ gross sales staff to study it. Field gives a consulting service, Field Consulting, to assist organizations of all sizes efficiently implement the cloud-based resolution. Field Consulting handles all the things from implementation to optimization, together with change administration, integrations and content material migration.
Safety and Administrative Management
Dropbox: Dropbox for Enterprise gives superior encryption, group administration and has restrictions on file sharing. It could possibly additionally remotely wipe knowledge within the occasion an account is compromised or a tool is misplaced. Dropbox gives prospects a number of layers of safety along with encryption, together with safe knowledge switch, community configuration and application-level controls which are distributed throughout a safe infrastructure.
Utilizing the admin dashboard, directors can observe consumer and staff entry statistics together with logins, gadgets and sharing. Directors may also add and take away members from their Dropbox enterprise groups. One disadvantage for corporations in highly-regulated sectors, nonetheless, is that Dropbox for Enterprise doesn’t supply knowledge retention insurance policies.
Field: Field gives a full suite of superior safety features, together with file encryption, customized knowledge retention guidelines and enterprise mobility administration. Directors can handle entry and sharing insurance policies inside and out of doors their organizations whereas decreasing the chance of information loss by way of full visibility and central administration of recordsdata, safety, coverage and provisioning.
Field encrypts content material at relaxation (knowledge that isn’t actively transferring from gadget to gadget or community to community) and in transit (knowledge that’s actively transferring from one location to a different similar to by way of a non-public community or throughout the web). Field additionally gives prospects the choice for encryption keys that they will handle. Field additionally makes use of a number of knowledge facilities in addition to backup methods to supply 99.9% service stage agreements (SLAs) and redundancy.
Dropbox: Dropbox gives a couple of methods for customers to collaborate and share recordsdata with others, together with Dropbox Paper, its doc collaboration service. Paper helps customers accumulate data from totally different sources and jump-start the method of engaged on an thought. Through the use of Paper, groups can create paperwork and to-do lists, assign duties, share, edit concurrently, chat, seek for paperwork, retailer variations and preserve recordsdata in sync throughout gadgets.
Customers who’re assigned duties can entry and management them by way of Paper’s Sensible Sync function, which permits customers to work in a extra organized means with out requiring any further administration instruments. Customers can entry Paper on-line in addition to by way of Android and IOS gadgets.
As extra individuals work collectively in groups, their want for cupboard space will increase. Dropbox’s Sensible Sync function lets customers see all their recordsdata and folders proper from their desktops, whether or not they’re synced regionally or saved within the cloud. Customers can simply obtain recordsdata saved within the cloud.
Field: Field Notes is a real-time collaboration device for groups which are constructed instantly into Field. Field Notes contains a streamlined internet expertise that makes it simpler for customers to create, edit and examine all their notes inside a single browser window.
Field Notes makes it straightforward for customers to create assembly notes, share concepts, observe standing updates and plan tasks collectively. Each Field Notice is immediately accessible on the net, cell or desktop so customers can entry their concepts from wherever.
Customers can create notes of their Field folders to start out a challenge with some staff members. The device permits customers so as to add staff members to the observe, permitting everybody to edit collaboratively in actual time in addition to add textual content, multi-media, tables and checklists. Field Notes gives customers a workspace the place they will write down their concepts and share them with others.
Dropbox: Dropbox gives six pricing tiers:
- Skilled – Enterprise Skilled consists of 3 TB of storage and prices $16.58 monthly for a single consumer.
- Skilled + eSign – Enterprise Skilled +eSign consists of eSignature performance and is priced at $24.99 monthly for a single consumer.
- Normal – Normal supplies 5 TB of area for safe storage with easy-to-use sharing and collaboration instruments. This plan is priced at $12.50 per consumer/month, with a minimal of three customers.
- Normal + DocSend – This tier has the entire options of the Normal plan, plus the options of the DocSend resolution. It’s priced at $50 per consumer, monthly.
- Superior – This plan is priced at $20 per consumer/month and begins with three customers. It gives companies as a lot cupboard space as they want and supplies refined administrative, audit and integration options.
- Enterprise – Enterprise gives customizable options with individualized help to assist directors handle at scale. Contact Dropbox for pricing data.
Field: Field gives 5 pricing tiers: Starter, Enterprise and Enterprise.
- Starter – Starter gives Safe file sharing and collaboration and is right for small groups. It’s priced at $5 per consumer/month and supplies 100 GB safe storage with a 2 GB file add restrict. There’s a minimal of three customers and a most of 10 customers.
- Enterprise – The Marketing strategy supplies core sync and share capabilities, superior safety, customization, reporting, limitless storage and a 5 GB file add restrict. This plan is priced at $15 per consumer/month with a minimal of three customers and no most.
- Enterprise Plus – This plan provides on superior administrative options for $25 per consumer/ month. Different options are as much as 15 GB file measurement sharing capability, limitless exterior collaborators and as much as 10 enterprise apps integration.
- Enterprise – The Enterprise plan prices $35 per consumer, monthly and is custom-made to an organization’s wants. It gives further options, similar to as much as 50 GB file sharing capability, 100 variations of a file/doc to save lots of, limitless enterprise app integration, HIPAA/FedRAMP compliance, doc watermarking and password coverage enforcement.
- Enterprise Plus – The brand new Enterprise Plus plan consists of the entire options of the opposite plans, plus as much as 150 GB file sharing capability, limitless model historical past, enhanced help companies and entry to the Field Platform, Field Protect, Field Zones Validation, Field GXP and Field Governance options. Please contact Field instantly for a quote.
One of many most important causes enterprise look to cloud-based content material administration is collaboration.
Each Dropbox and Field carry out nicely by way of collaboration. They every supply versatile sharing choices similar to hyperlink sharing, invite-only sharing and exterior sharing. With Dropbox and Field, staff members can collaborate in actual time utilizing staff or group folders. As well as, customers can touch upon recordsdata and entry their accounts on-line and by way of cell apps. Each distributors additionally supply built-in file restoration and versioning so customers received’t lose their work.
The hot button is to judge every resolution to find out which one most closely fits your organization’s wants.
Should you’re solely new to DMS instruments, check out the DMS Definitive Information. It gives a full overview of market tendencies, must-have options and customary challenges to keep away from.
Lastly, for those who’re searching for software program alternate options, our detailed opinions is an efficient place to start out.