Foreign exchange and Cryptocurrencies Forecast for July 18 – 22, 2022 – Analytics & Forecasts – 16 July 2022


EUR/USD: Parity 1:1 Achieved 

● What we have been speaking about over the previous few months has come true: the EUR/USD hit 1.0000 on Tuesday, July 12. The native backside was mounted on Thursday July 14 at 0.9951. The final time the pair was so low was in December 2002. Observe that the greenback strengthened not solely in opposition to the euro, but in addition in opposition to different main world currencies. The DXY index can be within the zone of 20-year highs, having approached the peak of 108.99 on July 14.

● The buck’s rally was spurred on by current US inflation knowledge. The patron value index (CPI) reached 9.1% in June, exceeding the forecast of 8.8%. Observe that this was noticed solely 12 occasions in 110 years, and the final time inflation rose above 9% was in 1981. This report (slightly an anti-record) strengthened market expectations relating to the tempo of tightening financial coverage (QT) by the US Central Financial institution. If earlier it was assumed that the speed could be elevated by 50-75 foundation factors on the subsequent assembly of the FOMC (Federal Open Market Committee) on July 27, there may be speak now that federal funds prices could improve instantly by 100 bp. The chance of such a transfer is estimated by analysts at 82%, and the chance that the speed shall be raised by a complete of 175 foundation factors on the two upcoming conferences is 75%, in keeping with CME Group FedWatch.

● Atlanta Federal Reserve Financial institution (FRB) President Rafael Bostic dismissed the chance, including that inflation may rise even additional by the top of the 12 months, requiring the Fed to behave much more decisively. In response to specialists, the need of the US Central Financial institution to cease inflation at any price could result in the truth that the speed will finally attain 4.00% (it’s 1.75% for the time being). And this shall be carried out despite the fact that the nation’s economic system could fall into the deepest recession.

● What is sweet for the greenback is dangerous for the inventory market. Flight from dangerous property intensified amid market fears a few extended financial downturn. S&P500, Dow Jones and Nasdaq fell down, whereas DXY flew up. Knowledge on retail gross sales within the US, which have been launched on Friday night, July 15, slowed down the flight. With a earlier studying of -0.1% and a forecast of 0.8%, this determine reached 1.0% in June, which pushed the EUR/USD pair up and completed at 1.0082.

● It ought to be famous that the tightening of the Fed’s financial coverage creates issues not just for the US economic system, but in addition for your complete world economic system. The share of the US greenback in worldwide reserves was 59% on the finish of 2020, and the share in worldwide settlements as of February 2022 reached 39%. Thus, the greenback is each the principle reserve forex and the principle technique of fee on the earth. With its strengthening, the burden will increase totally on rising market economies which have obtained giant loans from the IMF. Debt service difficulties have already led to a default in Sri Lanka, issues await El Salvador, Tunisia, Egypt, Pakistan, and Ghana.

● The recognition of the greenback as a defensive asset will proceed to develop with the method of a recession and because of the coverage of the US Federal Reserve. On the time of writing the evaluation, on the night of July 15, this forecast is supported by 60% of specialists. Additional correction to the north is anticipated by 30%, and 10% of analysts have given a impartial forecast. The oscillator readings on D1 give a very unambiguous sign: all 100% are coloured purple. There are 85% of these among the many pattern indicators, the remaining 15% have taken the alternative place.

The closest sturdy help for the EUR/USD pair is the 1.0040-1.0050 zone, adopted by the 1.0000 stage. After it’s damaged, the bears will goal the July 14 low at 0.9950, even decrease is the sturdy 2002 help/resistance zone. 0.9900-0.9930. The closest severe goal of the bulls is a return to the zone 1.0350-1.0450, then there are zones 1.0450-1.0600 and 1.0625-1.0770. There are a number of ranges on the best way to 1.0350, which the pair broke very simply through the fall, so it’s nonetheless troublesome to find out which ones can change into a severe impediment when shifting up.

● The spotlight of the approaching week will undoubtedly be the ECB assembly on Thursday July 21. It’s anticipated that the regulator will elevate the rate of interest from 0.0% to 0.25%. Such a transfer may help the euro slightly, though it appears to be like slightly timid in opposition to the backdrop of the Fed’s hawkish coverage. Of undoubted curiosity are the following press convention and feedback of the ECB administration, which ought to give the market an thought concerning the future plans of this regulator.

Different occasions embody the publication on Tuesday, July 19 of the Client Worth Index (CPI) and the report on financial institution lending within the Eurozone. Knowledge on the labor market and manufacturing exercise within the US shall be launched on Thursday, July 21, and the worth of the PMI (Buying Managers Index) within the manufacturing sector in Germany will change into recognized the following day. As well as, we advise you to concentrate to the choice of the Folks’s Financial institution of China on the rate of interest on July 20. This determination is particularly fascinating, since China’s GDP within the Q2 2022. decreased by 2.6% in opposition to the forecast of a lower by 1.5%, which signifies the method of the nation’s economic system to a recession.


GBP/USD: The Battle for 1.2000 Is Misplaced, However It is Not Over But

● The GBP/USD pair, in contrast to the EUR/USD, has not but damaged a multi-year report, however is already near it. The native backside was mounted at 1.1759 final week, and the final chord of the five-day interval was set at 1.1865. Under are two severe targets: 1.1409, the collapse level attributable to the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020, and the December 1984 low of 1.0757. We expect it is too early to speak concerning the parity of the pound with the greenback 1:1.

● The macro knowledge launched on Wednesday July 13 turned out to be unexpectedly inexperienced. Thus, the UK GDP (yoy) with a forecast of two.7% in actuality amounted to three.5%, whereas the June GDP, with the earlier worth of -0.2% and the forecast of 0.1%, rose to 0.5%. Regardless of this optimistic, the elements of stress on the nation’s economic system haven’t gone away. Amongst them are issues associated to Brexit and the customs battle between Britain and Northern Eire. Inflation stays the best in 40 years, and it’s doable that it may exceed 11% by November, pushing the economic system right into a deep recession. We should add the federal government disaster that brought on the resignation of Prime Minister Boris Johnson to all this, in addition to the difficulties related to sanctions in opposition to Russia because of its armed invasion of Ukraine.

● Regardless of statements from BoE officers that they’re prepared to simply accept a quicker tempo of financial tightening, in actuality the regulator is performing extra cautiously than the market anticipated. The present rate of interest is 1.25%, which is decrease than the corresponding Fed price (1.75%), and the following BOE assembly will happen solely on August 04, 2022. And this can’t however exert downward stress on the GBP/USD pair.

● For the time being, 50% of specialists consider that the British forex will proceed to lose floor, 25% quite the opposite count on a rebound upwards, and 25% have taken a impartial place. The readings of the symptoms on D1 are as follows. Among the many pattern indicators on D1, the ability ratio is 100:0% in favor of the reds. Among the many oscillators, the benefit of the bears is barely much less: 90% point out a fall, the remaining 10% have turned their eyes to the north.

The closest help is at 1.1800, adopted by the July 14 low of 1.1759. Additional, 1.1650, 1.1535 and March 2020 lows within the 1.1400-1.1450 zone. The speedy job of the bulls is to rise to the 1.1875-1.1915 zone, after which a brand new stage of the battle for 1.2000, which they ingloriously misplaced final week. In case of victory, the pair will meet resistance within the zones and on the ranges of 1.2100, 1.2160-1.2175, 1.2200-1.2235, 1.2300-1.2325 and 1.2400-1.2430.

● As for the macroeconomic calendar for the UK, we advise you to concentrate to Tuesday July 19, when knowledge from the UK labor market arrives. The speech of the pinnacle of the Financial institution of England Andrew Bailey is scheduled on the identical day. The worth of the Client Worth Index (CPI) will change into recognized on Wednesday, July 20, and an entire bundle of information relating to the state of the British economic system shall be obtained on Friday. It can embody retail gross sales knowledge for June, in addition to knowledge on enterprise exercise (PMI) each in particular person sectors and within the nation as an entire.


USD/JPY: The Storm After the Calm

● We referred to as the earlier evaluation “The Calm Earlier than the Storm” as USD/JPY didn’t renew its 24-year excessive for the primary time in 5 weeks and took a breather. However since a storm was promised, it should escape. A brand new excessive at 139.38 was recorded on July 14, and the pair met the top of the buying and selling session at 138.50.

The explanation for the brand new weakening of the yen is similar: the distinction between the hawkish financial coverage of the US Federal Reserve and the ultra-dove one of many Financial institution of Japan (BOJ). By the best way, the following assembly of the Japanese Central Financial institution is to be held subsequent week, on Thursday, July 21, at which it’s prone to as soon as once more depart the rate of interest unchanged on the unfavourable stage of -0.1%.

● If we often speak concerning the struggle between bulls and bears, then relating to the way forward for the yen, the struggle is between… analysts and BOJ. The previous, for essentially the most half, are ready for the Central Financial institution to lastly change its coverage, and due to this fact stubbornly vote for the strengthening of the yen. The latter, no much less stubbornly, leaves this coverage unchanged, and the USD/JPY pair stubbornly strikes up.

● This time, solely 40% of specialists communicate concerning the pair’s motion to the peak of 142.00. The remaining 60% hope for a downward pattern reversal. There aren’t any such disagreements within the readings of indicators on D1: all 100% of pattern indicators and oscillators are trying north, though 20% of the latter are within the overbought zone. Helps are positioned on the ranges and within the zones 137.65, 137.00, 136.60 135.50-135.70, 134.00, 133.50 and 133.00. The bulls’ targets ­are 140.00 and 142.00. And if the pair’s development charges stay the identical as in current months, it is going to be in a position to attain the 150.00 zone in late August – early September

● Aside from the assembly of the Japanese Central Financial institution and the following press convention of its administration, there aren’t any different vital occasions anticipated in Japan this week.


CRYPTOCURRENCIES: The Starting of the Finish of the Bear Part


● The earlier evaluation drew consideration to an anomaly when each the greenback and the US inventory indices – S&P500, Dow Jones and Nasdaq have been rising on the similar time. Issues fell into place final week: the US forex continued to develop, and the indices fell down. It ought to be famous to bitcoin’s credit score that, regardless of one other wave of investor flight from dangers, it managed to remain within the $20,000 zone. Now, how lengthy will it final? 

● CEO of Rockefeller Worldwide, who beforehand held the publish of chief strategist at Morgan Stanley, Ruchir Sharma, recalled {that a} bearish pattern often lasts a few 12 months within the inventory market, and inventory exchanges indices are falling by 35%. For the time being, the market has decreased by solely 20%. So we are able to count on an additional drop in demand for dangerous property together with bitcoin within the subsequent six months.

“I’d not say that we’re already on the backside,” Sharma mentioned, including that bitcoin will return to development and attain new highs after the top of the bear cycle. The financier recalled the scenario with Amazon within the early 2000s, through the dot-com bubble, when the retailer’s share value collapsed by 90%. Nevertheless, shares then bounced again, and rose one other 300 occasions over the following 20 years.

● When you take a look at the BTC/USD chart, it is easy to see that the flagship forex has been clinging to spherical ranges recently. So, bulls and bears fought for $40,000 from April 11 to Might 5. The entrance line was at $30,000 from Might 10 to June 10. The battle has been happening within the $20,000 zone since mid-June. For the time being, 60% of traders surveyed by Bloomberg think about one other decline within the value of bitcoin extra doubtless, this time to $10,000. The remaining 40% are ready for a restoration to $30,000. The research concerned 950 respondents. In comparison with establishments, there have been extra skeptics amongst retail traders. Nearly each fourth referred to as the primary cryptocurrency “rubbish” (18% {of professional} market contributors).

● Galaxy Digital CEO Mike Novogratz mentioned in an interview with CNBC that he doesn’t consider in the potential of decreasing the worth of the primary cryptocurrency to $13,000. “There’s a feeling that we’re 90% over this deleveraging. […] The issue is that additional development requires extra religion and new capital,” he mentioned. In response to Novogratz, the sideways pattern of digital property will final till the US Federal Reserve stops elevating the bottom price, which can take about 18 months.

● Macroeconomics knowledgeable Lyn Alden made the same level. She believes that though there aren’t any clear bullish indicators within the crypto market, the time for world capitulation has already handed. In her opinion, the worst a part of the bearish pattern ended together with the unstable first half of 2022. The macro strategist believes that bitcoin can get well as the huge BTC sell-off has stopped.

Nevertheless, Alden warns that bitcoin may nonetheless go down one step. “Macroeconomically, there are nonetheless not many bullish catalysts for the time being, and I’d not rule out additional value motion down.” “We have now seen that, for essentially the most half, bitcoin may be very strongly correlated with the expansion of the cash provide, particularly in {dollars}. So, when we’ve got had an enormous improve within the cash provide around the globe over the previous couple of years, bitcoin has additionally carried out very nicely,” defined Alden. 1Now the reverse is occurring because the US Federal Reserve and different central banks attempt to tamp down inflation. This, accordingly, impacts the worth of the cryptocurrency. In different phrases, now that the circulation of low cost liquidity has dried up and rates of interest are rising, traders want to not become involved in dangerous property.

● Some specialists want to name what is occurring within the crypto market not a collapse, however merely one other deep correction. As well as, referring to historic knowledge, they declare coming into the ultimate section of a bear market. So, on the finish of 2018, the full drop was 84% from the earlier historic most. The BTC/USD pair has at the moment fallen from the November 11, 2021 excessive by solely 71%. Thus, if we observe this mannequin, we are able to count on the completion of the correction within the area of $10,000-11,000, and the following consolidation could final a few 12 months or extra.

● In response to Glassnode, market shrinkage has just about eradicated the remainder of the “market vacationers” from the sport, leaving solely hodlers “on the entrance”. On common, unrealized losses of every of them at the moment are 33%. This isn’t the worst indicator in historical past, which additionally means that the ultimate bearish section has simply begun.

The beginning of the ultimate section can be signaled by the capitulation of the miners, which has a excessive correlation with the bottoming of bitcoin. A lot of the public mining firms used to increase their manufacturing with loans. Now their earnings have dropped to 50%, forcing them to unload their coin holdings to cowl working and borrowing prices. Glassnode estimates that miner inventories at the moment are round 70,000 BTC price about $1.3 billion. And within the occasion of a chronic consolidation, they can even be pressured to place them on sale, which can put further stress in the marketplace.

Please word that on this case, we’re speaking solely concerning the starting, and never concerning the finish of the ultimate section of the bearish pattern. Thus, the give up of miners in 2018-19 lasted 4 months, whereas the present cycle lasts slightly greater than a month. 

● As for Ethereum, the dynamics of the ETH/USD pair quotes virtually repeats the dynamics of BTC/USD. Some specialists don’t exclude its non permanent rise to $1,280, nonetheless, they consider that this shall be one other lure for the bulls. And the pair will return to the $1,000 zone after its triggering. The following goal of the bears is $500.   

● Returning to the Bloomberg survey, many of the 950 traders surveyed expressed confidence within the sturdy place of bitcoin and ethereum over the following 5 years. Of their opinion, developments within the crypto market will immediate regulators to tighten supervision over the business. This will improve belief and result in additional popularization of digital property. Ruchir Sharma of Rockefeller Worldwide additionally believes that  high cryptocurrencies will change into rather more secure inside three to 5 years, which can enable them to noticeably push the US greenback.

● As of this writing (Friday night, July 15), bitcoin is buying and selling within the $20,900 zone. The entire capitalization of the crypto market is $0.945 trillion ($0.966 trillion every week in the past). The Crypto Worry & Greed Index has dropped 5 factors over the week from 20 to fifteen factors and continues to be within the Excessive Worry zone.


NordFX Analytical Group


Discover: These supplies usually are not funding suggestions or tips for working in monetary markets and are meant for informational functions solely. Buying and selling in monetary markets is dangerous and may end up in an entire lack of deposited funds.

#eurusd #gbpusd #usdjpy #Foreign exchange #forex_forecast #signals_forex #cryptocurrency #bitcoin #nordfx

Supply hyperlink


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here