Many states and cities are growing minimal wage charges within the second half of 2022. Excluding Florida’s improve set to happen on September 30, most of those modifications are taking impact on July 1. The speed will increase affect non-exempt staff and tipped staff.
Homebase offers you fashionable instruments and steerage to maintain you compliant.
Minimal wage modifications on July 1, 2022
Check out the checklist beneath to see if minimal wage charges are growing in your space, and head over to your state labor legislation information to study extra about your native compliance legal guidelines. It’s also possible to take a look at the minimal wage modifications that occurred earlier this yr in our article.
California raised the statewide minimal wage charge to $14 for small employers with 25 or fewer staff and $15 for big employers on January 1, 2022. Nonetheless, many jurisdictions are taking it a step additional on July 1:
- Alameda: $15.75
- Berkeley: $16.99
- Emeryville: $17.68
- Fremont: $16.00
- Foster Metropolis: $15.75
- Lengthy Seashore (motels with 100 or extra visitor rooms): $16.73
- Los Angeles Metropolis: $16.04
- Los Angeles Metropolis (motels with 150 or extra visitor rooms): $18.17
- Unincorporated Los Angeles County: $15.96
- Malibu: $15.96
- Milpitas: $16.40
- Pasadena: $16.11
- San Francisco: $16.99
- Santa Monica: $15.96
- Santa Monica (motels): $18.17
- West Hollywood (1–49 staff): $16.00
- West Hollywood (50 or extra staff): $16.50
- West Hollywood (lodge staff): $18.35
Notice: California doesn’t permit a diminished minimal wage for tipped staff.
The statewide minimal wage charge in Connecticut will improve to $14.00. The speed for tipped service staff will stay at $6.38 per hour and $8.23 for tipped bartenders.
District of Columbia
The district-wide minimal wage charge will improve to $16.10 for hourly staff and $5.35 for tipped staff.
Two jurisdictions in Illinois will improve minimal wage charges:
- Chicago (companies with 21 or extra staff): $15.40 for hourly staff, $8.70 for tipped staff
- Chicago (companies with 4-20 staff): $14.50 for hourly staff, $9.24 for tipped staff
- Cook dinner County: $13.35 for hourly staff, $7.40 for tipped staff
Montgomery County, Maryland
Montgomery County is growing minimal wage charges to the next:
- Companies with 51 or extra staff: $15.65
- Companies with 11 to 50 staff: $14.50
- Companies with 10 or fewer staff: $14.00
The tipped minimal wage charge will stay at $4.00.
A number of minimal wage charges are growing in Minnesota jurisdictions:
- Minneapolis (companies with 100 or extra staff): $15.00
- Minneapolis (companies with fewer than 100 staff): $13.50
- Saint Paul (companies with 10,000 or extra staff): $15.00
- Saint Paul (companies with 101 to 10,000 staff): $13.50
- Saint Paul (companies with 6-100 staff): $12.00
- Saint Paul (companies with 1-5 staff): $10.75
A diminished minimal wage for tipped staff isn’t allowed in Minnesota.
Nevada is growing its statewide minimal wage charge to $9.50 for companies that provide medical insurance advantages, and $10.50 for companies that don’t. A diminished minimal wage charge for tipped staff isn’t allowed in Nevada.
The Oregon statewide minimal wage charge will improve to $13.50. Portland will implement the next modifications:
- Metro companies (these situated inside the “city development boundary of a metropolitan service district”): $14.75
- Companies in non-urban counties: $12.50
A diminished minimal wage charge for tipped staff isn’t allowed in Oregon.
Have extra compliance questions? Homebase has an skilled group prepared to assist together with your hardest considerations. With HR Professional you may discuss dwell with an authorized advisor, have an skilled overview your insurance policies, and achieve entry to our intensive HR sources library, stuffed with templates, guides, and trainings.